Resolving Conflict God's Way: Forgive As God Forgives
Forgiveness often sets Christians apart from others in the world. Christians, understanding their sins, deeply appreciate God’s forgiveness; and in obedience to God, forgive their offenders. A Christian repents and forgives.
Also, forgiveness is a key part of resolving conflicts, but just forgiving isn’t enough. We must forgive the right way - God’s way. Today, we examine three principles of forgiving as God does.
Eight Christian Duties in Seeking to Resolve Conflict God’s Way
- Go pursue reconciliation.
- Aim to please God.
- Be quick to hear.
- Be slow to speak.
- Repent and call others to repent.
- Forgives as God forgives.
Three Principles of Forgiving as God Forgives
- We must forgive as God forgives.
- We must grant forgiveness only to the repentant as God does.
- We must not remember sins, just like God.
Three Elements of Forgiveness
The three tenets on which forgiveness is built may be stated as:
- I promise to not bring this up to you again unless absolutely necessary.
- I promise to not bring this up to others unless absolutely necessary.
- I promise to not bring this up myself.
NOTE: This is the seventh in a series of sermons titled Resolving Conflict God’s Way. See the entire series here.
other sermons in this series