Aim to Restore
Passage: Galatians 6:1–6:5
Having instructed us on the use of our freedom the Law to serve each other, Paul has just listed what this would look like in the church. This list is often called the Fruits of the Spirits. (Galatians 5:19) The absence of this lifestyle could also lead a negative set of characteristics as shown in Galatians 5:19-22,23).
Paul also describes a path of restoration to be taken in the event the a member of the church falls into the foul sinful habits mentioned above.
Considerations for Aiming to Restore Someone in Sin
- Correction is the loving thing to do. (Galatians 6:1)
- Check your pride at the door. (Galatians 6:1)
- Be spiritual. (Galatians 6:1)
- Aim to restore. (Galatians 6:1)
- Apply gentleness and patience. (Galatians 6:1)
- Bear all kinds of other burdens. (Galatians 6:2)
- Be concerned with God’s evaluation of you. (Galatians 6:4,5)
- Remember Christ crucified. (Galatians 6:2)