How to Love Your Church
Having covered deep theological topics (such as What is the Gospel?, What is an Apostle?, and What is justification?), Paul gets practical with the Galatian church towards the end of his letter. Here, he addresses what a Spirit-filled (or Spirit-controlled), Christ-centered church looks like.
Three Applications of a Spirit-filled Church
- Restore the sinning saint. (Galatians 6:1-5)
- Correction is the loving thing to do.
- Check your pride at the door.
- Be spiritual.
- Aim to restore.
- Apply gentleness and patience.
- Bear all kids of other burdens.
- Be concerned with your standing before God.
- Remember Christ crucified.
(NOTE: This first application was covered in detail in the sermon, “Aim to Restore”, preached on 21 July 2019.)
- Provide for your teachers. (Galatians 6:6-8)
- Do good works. (Galatians 6:9,10)
other sermons in this series