Our Difficult Task in Discipleship
Passage: Mark 6:6–6:13
Even though people may not believe the Gospel we carry, and even when we are resisted to the point of persecution, we have a God-given responsibility to represent Christ no matter the consequences. This duty of ours to God does not come conflict-free.
Three Lessons About Discipleship with Jesus
From part 1 of this sermon…
- Jesus is offensive. (Mark 6:2-3)
- People will refuse to believe. (Mark 6:4-6)
Continued in today’s sermon…
- Representing Christ will have internal and external difficulties.
Four Elements of Representing Christ No Matter the Consequences
- Represent Christ today. (Mark 6:7)
- Depend fully upon God. (Mark 6:8-9)
- Guard your heart. (Mark 6:10)
- We are to call others to repentance despite the consequences. (Mark 6:11)
NOTE: This sermon continues teaching the lessons about discipleship from last week’s sermon which is available here.