Taking Mark with Us
Speaker: Jason Whitley Series: The Gospel According to Mark
Mark’s account of the Gospel is short when compared with the other three. In reading it, we see that no one knows who Jesus really is. Peter does acknowledge Jesus as the Christ but not as the Son of God. That acknowledgement finally comes when Christ is at the Cross. God’s salvation is not found in the Law, but at the Cross.
Five Takeaways from the Gospel of Mark
- Examine yourself to see whether you are in the faith.
- Just as it was for Mark, Jesus and Him crucified should be control in your life.
- Read the ending of Mark and still have full confidence in the veracity of Scripture.
- Be encouraged by the humanity of our Lord.
- Continue to read the Gospel of Mark.
other sermons in this series
An Astonishing Discovery
Speaker: Jason Whitley Passage: Mark 16:1–8
Don’t Overlook the Grave
Speaker: Jason Whitley Passage: Mark 15:40–47
Forsaken by God
Speaker: Jason Whitley Passage: Mark 15:33–39