Today's message is a biblical consideration of temptations we might face in hard times, as well as bible principles to help us guard our hearts against the temptations.
Common Temptations in Difficult Times
- To anger, bitterness, or retaliation.
- To gossip and suspicion.
- To give up the fight with sin.
- To run from difficulty.
Biblical Principles to Help You Guard Your Heart in Difficult Times
- Remember, Jesus Christ is the Chief Shepherd. (1 Peter 5:4)
- Christ wants His church to be holy. (1 Peter 3:16)
- God greatly desires unity in His church. (John 17:11)
- God allows division to happen for a reason. (1 Corinthians 11:19)
- We must continue in God’s Word so that we grow in Christ.