Discerning the Will of God - Part 3
As Christians, our great goal is to know God and do His Will. But, how do we discern His Will. To understand God’s Will, we have to find it. God’s command assume God’s enablement. Thus, if God tells to find His Will, we may believe that it is discernible.
Three Things to Know About Discerning the Will of God
- As new creatures in Christ, there is a necessity to understand the Will of God.
- There is a possibility of trying to discern the Will of God the wrong the wrong way.
- As new creatures in Christ, we must start to discern the Will of God rightly, i.e., through Scripture.
How to Rightly Discern the Will of God Practically
- Follow the explicit commands of Scripture. (1 Thessalonians 4:3; Joshua 1:8)
- Discover timeless principles in Scripture. (1 Corinthians 10:6)
- Ask God for wisdom. (James 1,4)
…to be continued next week.
”He loves to be consulted. Therefore take all thy difficulties to be resolved by Him. Be in the habit of going to Him in the first piece — before self-will, self-pleasing, self-wisdom, human friends, convenience, expediency. Before any of these have been consulted, go to God at once.
- Charles Bridges
other sermons in this series