September 19, 2021 Speaker: Jason Whitley
Passage: Hebrews 13:5–13:5
Contentment/happiness is not found in your circumstances; it is only found in Christ. Discontentment, however, is the root of many issues in life and it lies our hearts.
Five Applications of the Principle of Contentment
- God often chooses to expose our discontentment through difficulty.
- Our contentment is more important to God than our comfort.
- The source of contentment is found only in Christ.
- Contentment must be learned.
- Contentment deepens as we trust God to be fit as the only One to govern our lives.
NOTE: This sermon builds on a devotional given by Pastor Jason Whitley back in March 2020. You may find that devotional here.