Jesus in the Old Testament and in Us
August 22, 2021 Speaker: Mark McDonnel
Passage: 1 Corinthians 10:4–10:4
Jesus is the one Mediator between God and people through Whom the Father gives grace to the world. Jesus was present and active in the Old Testament in a hidden form. He worked through various people, objects, and events to bring grace from the Cross.
Jesus is present and active in us today. He reigns in and through us expressing his presence in Godly character and in good works.
How is Jesus Connected to the Old Testament
- Jesus says the Old Testament talks about Him.
- The most common way to find Jesus in the Old Testament is through typology.
- Paul says that the lock was Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:4)
- Jesus is the one mediator between God and people. (1 Timothy 2:5)
- Jesus was present and active in the Old Testament.
- We find Jesus in the Old Testament when we find grace.
- Just like Joseph, Moses, and David, we should live each day as types of Christ. (Galatians 2:20)