Only Two Kinds of People - Part 2
December 6, 2020 Speaker: James Revelino
Passage: Psalm 1:4–1:6
As Psalm 1 teaches us, there are only two kinds of people in this world - the blessed, and the wicked. In the first three verses of this chapter, we learn the Bible’s description of the blessed man. The very next verse (Psalm 1:4) begins a contrast of the blessed man with the wicked man: “The wicked are not so…” Anyone whom the Bible does not call blessed is called wicked. The blessed trust in Christ, and the wicked are unbelievers. There is no gray area between both camps.
In Psalm 1:4-6, the Bible does not describe the wicked man. (No, it leaves his description as a contrast to the character painted in the previous verses.) Instead, Scripture shows the fate God has ordained for the wicked. This woeful fate is meant to draw any unbeliever to God for salvation.
The Future of the Unbeliever
From last week…
- The actions of the blessed man. (Psalm 1:1)
- The heart of the blessed man. (Psalm 1:2)
- The prosperity of the blessed man. (Psalm 1:3)
Continued in today’s sermon…
- The unbeliever is without security. (Psalm 1:4)
- The unbeliever is without salvation. (Psalm 1:5)
- The unbeliever is without a Savior. (Psalm 1:6)
NOTE: This is the second of a 2-part sermon mini-series on Psalms 1. The first part is available here.