Resolving Conflict God's Way: Be Slow to Speak
Passage: Ephesians 4:29–4:29
The topic of the tongue is so crucial that it is covered in multiple sections of the Bible. Much is said about it in the book of Proverbs, and James, the earthly brother of Jesus, speaks to it in depth. (Notably, Jesus is the only man to have ever lived without uttering a single careless word.)
What can we learn about conflict resolution from all that the Bible has to say about the tongue?
Eight Christian Duties in Seeking to Resolve Conflict God’s Way
- Go pursue reconciliation.
- Aim to please God.
- Be quick to hear.
- Be slow to speak. (Ephesians 4:25-29)
Principles for Godly Communication
- Speak the truth. (Ephesians 4:25)
- Control your anger. (Ephesians 4:26,27)
- Keep short accounts. (Ephesians 4:26,27)
- Use gracious, edifying words. (Ephesians 4:29)
More in Resolving Conflict God's Way
November 17, 2019Resolving Conflict God's Way: Forgive As God Forgives
November 10, 2019Resolving Conflict God's Way: The Necessity of Repentance
October 27, 2019Resolving Conflict God's Way: Aiming to Please God