How to Read Your Bible
Passage: Psalm 119:1–119:176
After considering the author of Psalm 119, the excellence of the Word, how do we get the benefits from it? How can we get more from the Word? We have to be in it!
As a Christ follower, do you read your Bible?
Seven Practical Directions for Reading Your Bible
- Read your Bible reverently.
- Read your Bible reflectively.
- Read your Bible respectfully.
- Read your Bible systematically.
- Read your Bible continuously
- Read your Bible submissively.
- Read your Bible corporately.
“Begin reading your Bible this very day. The way to do a thing is to do it! And the way to read the Bible is to actually read it. It is not meaning, or wishing, or resolving, or intending, or thinking about it which will advance you one step. You must positively read.”
- J. C. Ryle
NOTE: This is the fifth and last a in a short series of sermons based off Psalm 119. See the entire series here.