While we should avoid the temptation of exalting one part of Scripture above others, there is a special offering that the Gospels gives us: a perspective of knowing Christ from a ground level. In John’s gospel, we see Nathaniel’s introduction to Jesus. This event could be a stand-in for our own introduction to Jesus, and there is much we can learn from it.
Five Things We Should Know As We Meet Jesus
- Jesus draws you to Himself. (John 1:43-46)
- Jesus needs no apologetic. (John 1:45,46)
- Jesus already knows you. (John 1:47,48)
- Jesus compels you to respond. (John 1:49,50)
- Jesus calls you to bring others to Him. (John 1:51)