Cultivating Humility - Part 3
As Paul said to the Ephesians, we are to put off the old man and put on the new man. We should take the same approach in dealing with our pride: we should both take off pride and cultivate humility.
Truths that Characterize a Man of Humility (continued from last week)
- A humble man is blind to his own humility.
- A humble man to looks to Christ for humility. (John 15:4; Hebrews 12:2)
- A humble man loves the Word of God. (Psalms 119: 50, 11, 25, 28, 47, 54, 105)
- A humble man depends entirely on the grace and mercy of God.
- A humble man considers the brevity of life. (Job 14:1; Psalm 139:16; 2 Corinthians 5:10)
- A humble man no longer lives for himself. (Matt 10:34-39)
- A humble man gladly accepts correction for he knows he needs it. (Proverbs 17:10; Psalm 139:3,4)
- A humble man prays, and prays much. (1 Peter 5:5b-7)
- A humble man recognizes service is true greatness. (Mark 10:42-45)
- A humble man praises the deeds of others rather than his. (Colossians 1:4; Philippians 1:15-18)
- A humble man embraces God’s trials. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
- A humble man marvels that he has so much.