Holy Hunches and Godly Goosebumps - Part 2
Ecclesiastes makes it clear that life is complicated with evil and injustice as a result of sin. And to live, we need to make decisions - lots of them. Decisions, big and small, are everywhere. Whether five or eighty-five, we are always making decisions. So, how do we make God-honoring decisions in our lives? Thankfully, Scripture provides guidelines for us.
Ten Guiding Principles for Making God-Honoring Decisions in Our Lives (Cont’d.)
- Avoid the wrong signals.
- Ask for wisdom. (James 1:3)
- Live among God’s people. (Proverbs 18:1)
- Gather helpful information. (Proverbs 14:15; 21:5)
- Examine your heart. (Proverbs 20:5; 1 Timothy 6:10; James 4:3; 2 Corinthians 5:9)
- Rightly handle the Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; 5:18)
- Seek godly counsel. (Proverbs 13:10; 15:22; 19:20)
- Study Christ.
- Rest in God’s providence. (Deuteronomy 29:29)
- Make a decision. (Proverbs 16:9)
More in Biblical Decision-Making
September 23, 2018Holy Hunches and Godly Goosebumps - Part 1