Renewing Your Christian Resolutions
January 7, 2018 Speaker: Jason Whitley
Shedding weight, going to see the dentist or learning a new language are good goals and perhaps are needed for us at this time in our lives. But, are we making personal resolutions that crowd out or ignore clear biblical principles that we should undoubtedly aim for this year? How does our resolution-making measure up in the light of these questions:
- Are my resolutions biblical?
- Do my resolutions serve to honor God and reflect His desires more than my own?
Our supreme goal should be God’s Will this year.
Below are several kinds of biblical principles (“Christian resolutions”) that we should resolve ourselves to aim for even at the expense of our personal resolutions.
FOUR BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES WORTHY OF STRIVING FOR ABOVE ALL PERSONAL GOALS
- Resolve yourself to make God’s Will your supreme priority. (Ephesians 5:15,16)
- Resolve yourself to make good use of God’s time. (Ephesians 5:15,16)
- Resolve a devotion to the Word and to prayer. (Ecclesiastes 5:1,2)
- Resolve your focus and dependence upon justification in Christ. (Romans 5:6-9; 4:4-5)