What Should Be Happening to Our Relationships?
December 3, 2017 Speaker: Jason Whitley Series: The Commitments and Distinctives of Our Local Church
God calls us into a friendship with His Son, and as members of the same Body (Christ), we all relate to one another. This relationship can be summed up in a word - discipleship. Three ways to view discipleship are:
- Discipleship is helping others to follow Jesus. (Intentional)
- Discipleship is the responsibility of everybody.
- Discipleship is a local church project.
Ways to Disciple One Another
- Ephesians 6:18
- Romans 12:10
- Romans 15:14
- Galatians 6:2
- Romans 16:16
- Mark 9:50
- James 5:16
- Ephesians 4:32
- Ephesians 4:25
- 1 Peter 5:5
Application (Hebrews 10:24)
- Do a personal study on discipleship.
- Share your testimony or ask them to share their testimony with you. Become a member of a local church.
- Talk about spiritual matters. Get conversations deeper than surface issues.
- Longer after church services.
- Read books about discipleship. (Example: “The Trellis and the Vine” by A. S. Payne and Colin Marshall)
- Serve someone else.
- Read Scripture with someone.
- Pray for someone.
- Invite others into your life.
- Get trained in biblical counseling.
- Identify a missing “one another” in your life.
- Read the Gospels.
- Be available.